Volunteer Hall, Duns
The Volunteer Hall was purpose-built as a drill hall in 1895. It was funded by public subscription and built for the 2nd (Berwickshire) Volunteer Battalion, King's Own Scottish Borderers. Imagine the echoes of dedication and military camaraderie that once filled these hallowed halls!
The building has changed hands and had many uses over the years, showing its resilience and adaptability. From the very beginning it was used as a community venue, showing films from as early as 1900, circus/music hall events, lectures and other events.
A Heart for Duns - a local charity and development trust - took ownership of the hall in 2018 with support from the Scottish Land Fund. The Volunteer Hall is a thriving community centre for local people to come together for business, culture and wellbeing.
For Doors Open Days join a guided tour of the Hall to learn about its uses since it was built, how it is used today and talk about the future.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- The Volunteer Hall
- TD11 3AF
Programmes this building took part in: