Lauder Town Hall
The Town Hall with its clocktower is a prominent feature in the centre of Lauder. Completed in 1735, the first floor is given over to one large hall which operated as the court room and council chamber and is accessed by an external forestair. The part-vaulted ground floor operated as the burgh prison until 1843. It contains two prison cells and a further windowless cell under the staircase.
Come and see inside this prominent local landmark. Lauder Church – adjacent to the Town Hall – will also be open as part of their 350th anniversary celebrations. Please see separate listing.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- Mid Row
- TD2 6SR
Programmes this building took part in: