Built 350 years ago in 1673, Lauder Church was designed by architect Sir William Bruce. It is particularly unusual for having been built in the shape of a Greek Cross with four equal arms and a central octagonal bell tower. Very few Scottish churches were built in this shape. Much of the interior dates to the church's renovation in 1820. The churchyard retains a watchtower dating to 1830.
Visit the church and its grounds to help celebrate the 350th anniversary of its construction.
Lauder's sister church at Channelkirk is also open for Doors Open Days as is Lauder Town Hall, opposite Lauder Church - please see separate listings.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- Market Place
- TD2 6SR
Programmes this building took part in: