St Michael’s Parish Church
We are a Church of Scotland Parish church on Slateford Road in Edinburgh and have served the local community since 1883. Designed by Glasgow architect, John Honeyman. The nave, which is 130feet long, has reputedly the longest aisle in Edinburgh.
The church sanctuary will be open for the general public to access.
There will be information sheets available giving a short history of the building. This will also include information on several interesting features within the sanctuary, for example, the stained glass windows, the organ and the pulpit and lectern art work.
Volunteers will be available throughout the day to offer further information as required.
There will be an opportunity for children to make a paper stained glass window, which they can take away.
Tea, coffee and home baking will be available to purchase in our lower hall which is easily accessed from the sanctuary.
No booking required.
Where to find us
- 1 Slateford Road
- EH11 1NX
Programmes this building took part in: