Our Lady of Victories Catholic Church
Dundee
St Mary, Our Lady of Victories Church is a Roman Catholic Parish Church in Dundee, Scotland. It was built from 1850 and opened in 1851, twenty-seven years before the Restoration of the Scottish hierarchy. It is situated on Forebank Road, close to Ann Street. It is a Romanesque Revival church and a category B listed building
Building work started on the church in 1850. In 1851, it was opened. The architect for the church was George Mathewson. He designed it to be in the style of Byzantine-Romanesque architecture
From 1900 to 1901, the two towers and a narthex were added to the front of the church. They were designed by Thomas Martin Cappon and built by William G. Lamond in the Art Nouveau style. In 1926, additions were made to the church, these were designed by Reginald Fairlie. These additions included multiple side chapels.
For Doors Open Days there will be guided tours both days when requested.
Facilities
Additional Access Information
Accessible to the hall on a ramp for the refreshments.
The Church is partially accessible up 2 steps . The steps are approx. 26cm in height.
Access will be through the front door of the church and exit will be by the hall.
Gallery
Key Information
Booking not required.
Where to find us
Address
- 36 Forebank Road
- Dundee
- DD1 2PB