21 September 2019 (10.30-5pm)
The North and South wings of Tankerness House were originally manses for the Cathedral clergy. After the reformation they were bought by Gilbert Foulzie, the first Protestant minister, who, in 1574, built the arched gateway that bears his coat of arms. For three centuries this was the home of the Baikie family of Tankerness, whose estate gave the house its name. There will be two tours of the building, led by Tom Muir, giving the history of Tankerness House as a home, at 11.00 and 14.00, lasting about 45 minutes.
Disabled access is limited. Disabled access is off Tankerness Lane, via the entrance to the gardens; stairlift access to upper galleries.
There is public parking in Tankerness Lane and nearby pay and display car parks. Bus route 4 and X1 stop outside.
two tours of the building giving the history of Tankerness House as a home, at 1100 and 1400 lasting about 45 minutes.