25 September 2021 (10am-4pm)
Cramond was originally Caer Amon the fort on the River Almond. The Kirk probably dates back to the post-Roman settlement and stands on the site of the Fort Headquarters. The tower is the oldest part of the building, dating back to the 15th century although the parapet was not added until 1811. The building has been remodelled twice, once in 1656 and again in 1911, but has retained many features of from its history including the extensive graveyard.
Cramond Kirk will be open for visits on Saturday 25th September from 10am-4pm.
Guided tours of the exterior and kirkyard will commence every 2 hours from 10am until 4pm. Each tour will last no more than 30 mins and numbers will be limited to 12. Booking is not required.
Numbers within the building may be further limited by COVID-related social distancing requirements, where a 2m spacing policy and a one-way system will be in operation. Masks should be worn at all times inside.
Enjoy a short virtual tour of Cramond Kirk led by Rev Dr Russell Barr!Go on a virtual guided tour!
Building Date: 15th century