14 September 2019 (10:00am - 4:00pm)
Staff will be on hand at this hidden delight of a building and extensive grounds to provide information on the campus and the activities that they provide.
Beannachar occupies the former ‘Banchory House’, extended and re-designed in 1837 by celebrated local architect John Smith.
Within the campus there are several other buildings which might be of interest: Rose House, winner of the Kincardineshire and Deeside award for the best new building in 1994; a turf-roofed, wood-framed straw-bale Games Room; a load-bearing straw-bale building currently under construction which will become our new office; the site of an ancient ‘motte and bailey’ castle, and Pictish stones, originally from Dunnicaer. Not forgetting the beautiful grounds comprising woodland, farmland, lawns, sports field and a wonderful walled garden with flowers, vegetables, fruit and herbs.
Architect: John Smith, City Architect of Aberdeen also known and "Tudor Johnnie"
Building Date: 1837
Harp concert by Simon Chadwick