The Thomson Tower was designed by architect William Playfair for his friends at Duddingston Curling Society as a place to store their curling stones on the shores of Duddingston Loch. As the weather changed, curling moved indoors, and the Tower fell into disrepair. In 2009 the Trustees restored the Tower, which now houses an interpretation room in the upper chamber whilst the lower chamber houses a museum of curling.
Architect: William Playfair
Building Date: 1825