Back to List

The White House (1)

Door open days


The B-listed building originally designed by William Innes Thomson was opened as a road house in 1936 – a cross between a pub and a hotel where people went to play billiards, take tea or have a drink. Funds from the Scottish Government’s Town Centre Regeneration Fund and Historic Scotland enabled a £2m restoration of the building. The building is now run for the benefit of the community by The Community Alliance Trust.


Key Information

Information leaflets/notes, Behind the scenes access, Refreshments, 


Stewards/volunteers at key points

Musical recitals





Where to find us

  • 70 Niddrie Mains Road
  • Edinburgh
  • EH16 4BG