Saint Stephen’s was designed by William Playfair and opened for worship in December 1828. Reconstruction was carried out in 1956-1957 by installing a floor across at the gallery level to create halls below and a church above. St Stephens was sold by the Church of Scotland in 2014 and it is now privately owned. Future plans are to create “A Dance House for Scotland" and a world class theatre in the round. The organ will be played on the hour by several of the city’s organists and pupils.
Architect: William Henry Playfair
Building Date: 1828