St Cecilia’s Hall is Scotland’s oldest concert hall and home to the University of Edinburgh’s collection of musical instruments. Built by the Edinburgh Musical Society and designed by Robert Mylne, this Georgian jewel held its first concert in 1763. The building recently reopened after a major redevelopment and today the museum displays 500 objects spanning five centuries of musical heritage and history. Tours, recitals and instrument demonstrations will be provided.
Architect: Robert Mylne
Building Date: 1763