St Andrew's House is the headquarters of the Scottish Government and opened the day after war was declared in September 1939. Following years of controversy, it was built on the site of the Old Calton Gaol and brought Government departments serving Scotland under the same roof for the first time. Designed by Thomas Tait, the Grade A listed building is considered to be an outstanding example of international architecture's Modern movement.
Architect: Thomas S Tait
Attendance on tours via booking only, using Eventbrite: