Search
Search
Back to List

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre

Door open days

Edinburgh

The Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Centre is a Victorian Mansion, built in 1881 with curved bay windows integrated with a Roman Doric Porch. The outstanding feature of this property lies in its interior which is half-filled by a beautiful stair-hall with an engraved glass dome ceiling and ornate Baroque door cases. The French roof was added in 1886. Interestingly, it was the home of William McEwan, of The Fountain Brewery, who gifted The McEwan Hall to Edinburgh University as their graduation hall. 

 

Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 1881

Where to find us

Address
  • 25 Palmerston Place
  • Edinburgh
  • EH12 5AP