In its early days this Victorian theatre built in 1883 saw performances by the likes of Henry Irvine and Ellen Terry, whilst being run by famous theatre manager Howard and Wyndham.
The building has remained a theatre space and was taken over by the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company in 1965.
Architect: C J Phipps
Building Date: 1883-1996
Box Office open from 9.30am for backstage tour tickets which will be available on the day only. Numbers are limited backstage, so please arrive early to avoid disappointment. Tours run every 30mins, starting at 10am.
Join a guided tour, including a look backstage at the set of the Company’s current production of "Mary Queen Of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off".
The Theatre’s auditorium and front of house areas are open to visitors all morning.
There will be a costume display and costumes for visitors to try on.
Image (c) www.scran.ac.uk