29 September 2019 (13:00 - 16:00)
One of the largest New Town gardens in private ownership, its main format remains relatively unchanged since its development by William Henry Playfair in 1830. The design consists of an upland lawn of seven acres planted with specimen trees. The flanking woodlands of five acres are planted with crocuses, daffodils and bluebells, providing a carpet of colour in the spring.
The adjacent terraces are home to the American consulate, who donated two silver maple trees to the garden to commemorate the victims of 9/11.