Portobello Baptist Church, built on the site of Puerto-Bello House (from which Portobello took its name), was designed in Franco-Flemish style by architect David Bryce. Opened 1867 as the first Town Hall, it became a cinema before the church took it over in 1919.
The First World War hut behind the main building will also be open. This is of interest as it is one of the few remaining accommodation huts from the secret Borders ammunition factory.
Architect: David Bryce
Building Date: 1863