Search
Search
Back to List

Leith Town Hall & Sheriff Court

Door open days

Edinburgh

Leith Town Hall and Police Station was built in 1828 to designs by R&R Dickson with additions by James Simpson in 1870. The building still contains the Victorian debating chamber of 1864, unchanged since that date. Attaching the north side, facing onto Constitution Street, is the jail. This still has its original interior. The Police station took over a terrace of Georgian houses in 1864 and incorporated them into the complex. The interior and entrance door date from 1868, everything else dates from c.1810

Key Information

Where to find us

Address
  • 29-35 Queen Charlotte Street
  • Leith
  • Edinburgh
  • EH6 7EY