Lamb’s House was built in 1610 by Andro Lamb, merchant. It was saved from demolition by the 4th Marquis of Bute in 1938-40. His son gave the house to the National Trust for Scotland in 1958. They completed the external restoration and a single storey hall was built by the Edinburgh and Leith Old People’s Welfare Council. Groves-Raines Architects Ltd acquired the building in 2010 and on the site of the hall an extension and Pavilion have been built with a Renaissance garden.