23 September 2017 (14.00-16.00)
24 September 2017 (14.00-16.00)
The Tower was built in 1871 by the landowner William McFie as a folly and a monument to Sir Walter Scott. It is built of local whinstone and sandstone, and commands a 360-degree view of Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth, the Pentland Hills, Edinburgh Airport and the Three Bridges. Friends of Corstorphine Hill open the Tower every Sunday from May – September.
Building Date: 1871
Directions from the Clerwood bus stop: go left (north) along Clermiston Road for 100 metres, cross and take a gated track, uphill past the old walled garden on the right to the Tower on top of the hill. The Tower can also be reached from the Cairnmuir Road/Kaimes Road car park.