Built in 1904, this category B listed church was designed by P McGregor Chalmers whose links with Iona Abbey are reflected in the nave with clerestory, apses and the curved arches of Romanesque Architecture. Of interest are the stone font and biblical texts carved into the walls. Extended in 1935 by J. Jeffrey Waddell the church and halls are the centre of activity for Blackhall. The organ built by David Hamilton for Old Greyfriars was extensively rebuilt by Sandy Edmonstone.
Architect: P McGregor Chalmers
Building Date: 1904
Information leaflets/notes, children’s activities, visual displays, stewards/volunteers at key points, video/ audio presentations, musical recital.