Designed by John F Matthew in 1927, housing a large lecture theatre and laboratories as well as a suite of rooms designed to house the collection and its curator. The large laboratory windows span from ceiling to bench level and face N and NE to gain an even light ideal for microscopy and other work. A decorative front entrance and a series of oval plaques in high relief, sculpted by Phyllis Bone, depict animals from each of the principal zoogeographical regions.
Architect: John F Matthew
Building Date: 1927