The current Advocates Library building, designed by William Playfair, was opened in 1833 and is part of the Parliament House complex. It is the private working law library for the Faculty of Advocates, Scotland’s Bar. Visitors on tours will get the chance to see the Playfair library corridor and the library’s law room, once a court and scene of the notorious Burke and Hare trial.
Architect: William Playfair
Building Date: 1833