8 September 2018 (10 am to 4 pm)
One of Dundee's oldest and best loved buildings dating from the late 16th century. It was the home of the Scrimgeour family, Constables of Dundee and Hereditary Standard Bearers of Scotland. In the 1680s it was home to John Graham of Claverhouse, Viscount of Dundee, known to history as both "Bonnie Dundee" and "Bluidy Clavers". The historic building is now a fully operational office for Dundee City Council Services. As a result only the ground floor will be opened on Doors Open Days. This includes the Main Hall and other ground floor rooms. Aspects of the history of the building will be illustrated by displays. In the grounds of the castle stands a 1744 Well Head (removed from the Overgate). Gardens are all fully open.