Search
Search
Back to List

Kells Church

New
Door open days

7 September 2019 (10am till 5pm)

Dumfries and Galloway

A granite T-plan church with square tower at the centre of south wall. Interior mainly reconstructed in 1911 following original layout. Galleries on three sides with pulpit on long south wall. Fine roof of pitch-pine with central diagonal arched principals. Built on site of earlier mid 17th century church.

 

Notable churchyard with ‘Adam and Eve’ stones of 1706-7, and a delightful upright for Lord Kenmure’s gamekeeper, John Murray. Also Covenanter graves.

Facilities

Teas in Dalry Church. Approximately 3 miles North.

Will provide information leaflet on church and graveyard.

Key Information

Architect: William McCandlish

Building Date: 1822

Teas in Dalry Church. Approximately 3 miles North.

Will provide information leaflet on church and graveyard.

 

Where to find us

Address
  • Kells Church
  • Kirk Road
  • New Galloway
  • DG7 3RS