Search
Search
Back to List

Dalry Church

New
Door open days

7 September 2019 (10am till 5pm)

Dumfries and Galloway

Traditional T-shaped building of 1771, modifications in 1831 including addition of bell tower. Pulpit with carved wooden canopy. Galleries on three sides. Alongside are remnants of the earlier 1546 church – the Gordon aisle, the burial place of the Gordons of Lochinvar. To the north of the church is a 12th century motte, and it is believed the first church on the site was constructed at that time. Covenanter stones in the churchyard.

Facilities

Will provide information leaflet on church and graveyard.

 

Key Information

Architect: William McCandlish

Building Date: 1771/1831

Will provide information leaflet on church and graveyard.

 

 

Where to find us

Address
  • Dalry Church
  • Main Street
  • St Johns Town of Dalry
  • DG7 3UW