The partially-renovated B-listed Dunans Castle, and Thomas Telford's A-listed Dunans Bridge, are the centre-pieces in a uniquely designed landscape which includes the UK's tallest tree and an extended Victorian path network. Dunans House has been inhabited since at least 1590, and the castle since 1864. The Castle was ruined by fire in 2001 and, since 2003, the present owners have been working to restore the castle, the bridge and the grounds through the Scottish Laird project.
Architect: Thomas Telford (Bridge ) Andrew Kerr (Castle)
Building Date: Bridge - 1815, Castle - 1864
Guided tours will run three times a day both days, and will last 45 minutes. They cover�the history of the site, the Fletcher family, who were in residence until 1997, and the ongoing restoration project. Please note: The castle is a ruin and the house a private dwelling and so the interiors of both remain inaccessible to the public.