8 September 2018 (10.00-16.00)
There has been a church on this site beside the Don since the sixth century, when, as legend has it, St Machar was commanded to find a spot where the river curved in the shape of a shepherd's crook. Inside there is a notable heraldic oak ceiling with the coats of arms of European monarchs and Scottish nobles and bishops.
Building Date: From 1370
The Charter Room and bell tower, not normally open to the public are open on Doors Open Day.
There will be bell ringing demonstrations with the opportunity for members of the public to have a go.
Exhibition, historical/other information. Guided tours.
Disabled access except bell tower and Charter Room.
Image (c) www.scran.ac.uk