Scottish Archaeology Month
Scottish Archaeology Month (SAM) has been running for over 20 years, and acts as Scotland's contribution to European Heritage Days alongside Doors Open Days.
SAM encourages people to interact with their archaeology, history and heritage by coordinating and promoting a varied programme of events all across Scotland. These include guided walks, exhibitions, excavations, lectures, performances, re-enactments, traditional skills workshops, storytelling, guided tours, conferences and many other activities. SAM takes place every year in September but includes events running from the end of August until mid-October.
You can find all Scottish Archaeology Month events here.
Want to find events similar to Doors Open Days venues? Find a handpicked selection below!
- Kirkyard Trail and Town Walk, Kirkcudbright
- St Andrew's Kirk Ports, North Berwick
- The Museum, Newtown Stewart
- Dunollie Museum Castle and Grounds, near Oban
- Skerryvore Lighthouse Exhibition, Tiree
- Mountain Bothies (talk), Gargunnock
- Town Walk, Dornoch
- The Ancient Art of Stained Glass (talk), Challoch
- Recent Archaeology in St Drostan's Church, Markinch
- Tour of Summerlee Ironworks, Coatbridge
- Perth's Lost Landmarks (guided walk)
- St Aden's Church and Burial Ground, Old Kilmadock