Linlithgow Canal Centre
This is an opportunity to visit the Canal Museum, tearoom, yard and wharf. Built c. 1820s (probably Hugh Baird, Canal Engineer), a visit to the Canal Centre as a whole (Category C Listed) recalls the heyday of the Union waterway (Edinburgh-Falkirk), not yet challenged by the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway (1842).
The Canal Centre is a simple vernacular building, originally two stables to the east end and two cottages at west end, and is an important surviving part of the infrastructure of Scotland's last major canal.
As well as our normal activities committee members will be on hand to provide anyone participating in the Open Day weekend with more information about the history of the canal and the canal basin and show the areas not normally open to the public.
Booking not required
Where to find us
- Linlithgow Canal Centre
- Manse Road Basin
- EH49 6AS
Programmes this building took part in: