Inverkeithing Parish Church
The original church was consecrated to St. Peter by Bishop de Bernham on 24th August, 1244. It stands on an ancient religious site and holds a mediaeval treasure that lay buried for centuries.
The tower was added to the building in the 14th century and between 1625-1633 the church was repaired and partially rebuilt but thereafter no major changes took place over the next two hundred years.
In 1825 the church was badly damaged by a fire and, following substantial repair in 1900, was completely refurbished to a design by P McGregor Chalmers, the Glasgow architect.
Visit this historic Church to see one of the finest baptismal fonts in Scotland. Hear it’s remarkable story and get the chance to see our lovely stained glass windows, both old and modern
A guided walk of the Town starting at 2.00 opposite the Old Town House, Townhall Street
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
Stewards will be present at the venue
Where to find us
- Church Street
- KY11 1LG
Programmes this building took part in: