Holy Name Church, Oakley
The present Holy Name Church was designed in the early Scottish style by architects Reginald Fairlie & Partners. Building of the church was made possible by the generosity of the Smith-Sligo family of Inzievar House and the foundation stone was laid in 1956. Construction was completed and the church was opened and consecrated in November 1958.
Particularly outstanding features are the stained glass windows, made by Gabriel Loire, and the statues carved by French designers from Chartres. Hew Lorimer created a simple but evocative stone sculpture of the Child Jesus, which can be seen above the side entrance to the church.
The church houses a small museum where copies of a book describing the history of the parish are available.
Tours of the church will take place throughout the day.
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
Stewards will be present at the venue.
Where to find us
- Station Road
- KY12 9NW
Programmes this building took part in: