Kirkwall Sheriff Court
Kirkwall Sheriff Court was opened on 27 August 1877. The building was designed by David Bryce, one of Scotland's most important Victorian architects. The courthouse sits between the Historic Scotland sites of the Earls and Bishops Palaces. The building has one courtroom and sheriff chambers as well as office accommodation for the Sheriff clerk depute and the Procurator Fiscal Service.
Opportunity to look around the building, communicate with Sheriff Court Staff and other justice partners such as the Procurator Fiscal’s Office, the Police, Women’s Aid, Relationship Scotland etc.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- The Sheriff Court
- KW15 1PD
Programmes this building took part in: