Caldercruix and Longriggend Parish Church
Caldercruix and Longriggend Parish Church is a congregation within the Church of Scotland. The parish incorporates the settlements of Caldercruix, Longriggend and Upperton, all of which are in North Lanarkshire. The church building is in Caldercruix and was built in 1891. Although the village of Caldercruix is semi-rural, the village was formerly well-known for industry in the form of print and paper mills. There is a memorial in the church atrium to a local mill owner who provided great support in the founding of the church.
The church’s First and Second World War memorials are particularly noteworthy. There are two memorials for the First World War. One of these came from Longriggend Parish Church, upon union with Caldercruix Parish Church. The other is in fact the War Memorial for the entire parish, not just the congregation. The Second World War memorial was ‘updated’ to include details of the fallen from conflicts in Korea and Malaya.
Open Saturday, 10am-noon, 2pm-4pm, Sunday, 2pm-4pm
Guided tours, display boards, refreshments
Disabled access to the church sanctuary and the hall (display boards and refreshments)
Where to find us
- 1 Main Street
- ML6 7RF
Programmes this building took part in: