Bellshill Central Parish Church
The main Bellshill Central Parish Church building is the former Macdonald Memorial Chirch and was designed by David Clunas and constructed in 1874. It is described as a Gothic, gabled rectangular-plan church with set-back gabletted buttresses with pairs of Gothic rectangular windows with inverted rounded corners and vertical stone mullions, on both upper and lower levels. It is set back from the main road and the principal elevation has a pointed-arch timber panelled door to centre.
Bellshill Central Parish Church was formed in March 2014 when the former Macdonald Memorial and Orbiston Parish Churches were united as one. Part of the outreach of the former Orbiston Parish Church is the Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre which provides a community focus for adults and young people.
In the halls until 12.30pm there will be a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Care, organised by the Yoga group. After 12.30pm tea and coffee will be available.
Stewards will be on duty throughout, able to guide people around the church.
2 of the most special features are:
- collection of stained glass - notable are 4 by Gordon Webster, 4 by the Abbey Studios, and 1 by one of our own members Lesley Marshall.
- pipe organ. Tonally unchanged since 1930, the Hilsdon Pipe organ was refurbished in the last 10 years and is an asset to the community.
There will be a talk at 10am by the son of Gordon Webster about his fathers' stained glass windows.
In the afternoon at 2pm the organist will present a short 30 minute recital on the Church Organ. There will be a video presentation throughout this recital of the stained glass windows.
Where to find us
- 346 Main Street
- ML4 1BA
Programmes this building took part in: