Polmont Old Parish Church
Built in 1732 to a design by William Adam this is a typical T-shaped church of the Presbyterian form. The south façade contains two large round-headed windows with remnants of the former tracery. The current church building was founded in 1844.
The pulpit stood in the centre of the south wall, facing aisles to the north, west and east, each with a gallery. A door in each of these gables gave access to the ground floor. The galleries were reached by external stairs on the north side and the upper floor doorways mark their positions.
For Doors Open Days join members of the church for a tour of the church and cemetery.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- Bo'ness Road
- FK2 0XZ
Programmes this building took part in: