Dower House: The Corstorphine Trust - Heritage Centre
In 1991 The Corstorphine Trust was given use of one of the oldest inhabited buildings in the City of Edinburgh. At that time, it was derelict. However, with the help of funding and support from Historic Scotland, The Lottery Fund and generous bequests, we have managed to bring this local historic building back to life and it now forms the heart of our community.
We can trace its origins back to 1587. We know that it was in the ownership of James Ingles and J P Wood in his “Draft History of Corstorphine Parish” (written in 1792) mentions the stones being removed from the old castle site to build “Mr Michelson’s house that was the residence of the Lord Forresters”.
The Archive Room is situated on the top floor of the Dower House. The room contains a wealth of photographs, slides, documents and maps covering life in the village of Corstorphine over many years.
Visit the Dower House, our museum and archive rooms - no booking required.
Where to find us
- St Margaret's Park,
- Corstophine High Street
- EH12 7SX
Programmes this building took part in: