St Michael's & South Parish Church, Dumfries
Dumfries and Galloway
St. Michael’s is the oldest church in Dumfries, and as the burgh church hosts many important services on behalf of the town. The present church, built 1740-46, is the third on this site and encompasses the medieval columns of its predecessor. Famed for its very fine stained-glass windows, and its associations with Scottish bard Robert Burns, it is a popular spot with visitors who can combine the church with a visit of Burns’ Mausoleum in our graveyard.
For Doors Open Days there will be a talk delivered by Rev. Graham Finch on the stained glass windows within the church, looking at the stories they tell and the importance of preserving them for the future. There will also be the opportunity for a tour of the graveyard.
Facilities
Additional Access Information
Wheelchair access to the church and graveyard is through the Barns Slaps entrance off St. Michael Street.
Wheelchair entrance to the church is through the Vestry entrance.
Gallery
Key Information
Booking not required.
Where to find us
Address
- 87 St. Michael's Street
- Dumfries
- DG1 2PY