Dysart St Clair Parish Church
The original Free Church in Dysart had become too small, and in 1874 a new church was built a short distance away in West Port. The church is built of stone, with a slate roof, and is cruciform with Romanesque detailing. It's design has been likened to the early 19thC church of St Monans.
In the north transept there is a Charles Rennie Mackintosh mural which was believed to have been painted by the artist himself in 1900. This was uncovered in 2004, having previously thought to have been destroyed, and the church secured funding for its restoration.
In the north west corner of the church grounds sits a 17thC crawstep doocot. The doocot has no connections with the church other than now being on its land
The church will be open and the murals will be on show from 12 noon, after the morning service.
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
Where to find us
- 1-4 West Port
- KY1 2TD
Programmes this building took part in: