St Meddan's Parish Church, Troon
This is the last year as St Meddan’s, as the three Church of Scotland churches in Troon are uniting. Built in 1888 from Mauchline red sandstone, St Meddan’s was designed by John Bennie Wilson in Gothic style. It has a distinctive prominent spire and bell tower housing a clock dating from 1751 built by Andrew Dickie and originally from the University of Glasgow and a bell from the International Exhibition of 1888.
The church has a number of beautiful stained glass windows, the largest and most valuable window depicts the healing of Jairus’ daughter and is the work of William Smith of Marleybone Road, London. Other windows are by John Blythe and Norman McDougall. The carved wooden church interior is particularly attractive. The church and windows have benefited from recent significant restoration work. Children welcome. Sunday service 11 a.m.
For Doors Open Days there will be information about the history of the church and a short audio-visual presentation.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- Church Street
- KA10 6HT
Programmes this building took part in: