Beith Auld Kirk and Kirkyard
On site of original parish church. A church was built c.1590 with later 18th century extensions. The 1590 church was demolished in 1810-11 when a new church was built up the hill. Part of the 18th century extensions and belfry were retained with the burial ground, which contains some original gravestones. Plaque marks links with Rev John Witherspoon, a signatory to the US Declaration of Independence and parish minister in 1745-57.
For Doors Open Doors there will be guided tours of the Auld Kirk and Kirkyard at 2pm on both days.
Booking not required.
Where to find us
- The Cross
- KA15 1BS
Programmes this building took part in: