Elyza Fraser Mausoleum
The Mausoleum was built in 1808 for Miss Elyza Fraser, the owner of Castle Fraser (now a National Trust for Scotland property). It was designed by her friend the architect James Byers of Tonley, a noted Scottish architect of the 18th Century, founder member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and a prominent Jacobite.
Miss Elyza Fraser died in 1814 and is buried in her Mausoleum along with several generations of her family, the last interment being in 1946.
Now more than 200 years old, the Elyza Fraser Mausoleum sits within Cluny Kirkyard is a category A listed building. North East Scotland Preservation Trust (NESPT) own the Mausoleum and are developing a future restoration project in partnership with the Friends of the Elyza Fraser Mausoleum.
On the day Members of the Friends of the Elyza Fraser Mausoleum will be on hand to talk about the building and answer any questions you may have, a valuable opportunity to find out more about the work the group undertake.
Where to find us
- Old Cluny Kirkyard
- AB51 7RS
Programmes this building took part in: