Dyke Parish Church & Mausoleum
Dated 1781, a rectangular building 66ft long x 33ft wide x 18ft high, lit in the long south elevation by four long round headed windows with a belfry to the west wall and doorways at each end. There are no windows in the north wall. The interior is dominated by an unusual three decker pulpit typical of the period. The three deck pulpit built to accommodate minister, precentor and beadle. Some believe the lowest deck was designed for sinners, caught by elders during the week and made to stand or sit in front of the congregation in shame. James Smith, Nairn and James Smith, Auldearn builders, were given the work of building the church having submitted plans and estimate.