Volunteer Vacancy: Regional Coordinator
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer or group of volunteers to help coordinate Doors Open Days in the following locations:
As a regional coordinator you are responsible for;
- Canvasing prospective venues
- Local programme development
- Supplying the National team with programme details
- Local programme promotion
The role takes place annually from April - October. From April onwards you will contact venues and develop your local programme. In July your programme will be finalised and submitted to the National office for publication, allowing you time to promote your events. In September, your local Doors Open Days festival will take place on one weekend.
You will be supported by a national network of Doors Open Days coordinators, with regular online meetings held throughout the year. You will also receive support documents to help you with approaching venues, supporting their event design and promoting your programme.
Benefits & Perks
- Helping people in your local area freely access sites and events that usually charge a fee, are inaccessible or are closed to the public.
- Networking with professionals across Scotland’s heritage, architecture, culture, community engagement and tourism sectors.
- Developing skills in project management, communications skills and more.
- Friendliness and confidence to approach local venues.
- Good attention to detail and project management skills.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in heritage, architecture, culture, community engagement or tourism sectors.
How to apply
If you have any questions about the role or would like to apply, please contact:
Emily Sherriff, Doors Open Days National Coordinator