University of Glasgow Internship
Earlier this year we welcomed an enthusiastic group of interns from the University of Glasgow. They developed two brand new resources designed to support our Doors Open Days venues.
Over eight exciting weeks Diana, Marianne, Chloe and Liv;
- Attended regular Zoom meetings with Scottish Civic Trust staff who shared their industry insights and experience
- Gained a new perspective on the impact of COVID 19 on virtual tours, audio trails, webinars etc
- Expanded their understanding of the accessibility barriers that audiences experience
- Developed new transferable skills as they made their initial briefs a reality
- Displayed great problem solving skills, proving they could think on their feet, even over Zoom!
Diana Kukharenko and Marianne Bell collaborated on 'Heritage is Accessible! 20 Top Tips', a guide on how to make your venue more accessible for both in-person and online events.
Chloe Waterhouse and Liv Gardener collaborated on 'Digital Engagement Resources & Ideas', a resource including how-to guides for popular platforms, recommendations and digital success stories.
This internship with the Scottish Civic Trust was facilitated by the ‘Methodology of Art with Work Placement’ Junior Honours course in the School of Culture and Creative Arts, University of Glasgow 2020-21.