14 September 2019 (1.00pm to 4.00pm)
This is a fine example of a mid-Victorian gothic church. The congregations of St Ninian's and Craigmailen came together in 1954.
Their conjoined histories go back much further, to 1738, and embrace the debates which defined the Seceder, United Presbyterian, Free and United Free denominations of former times.
Architect: J Walker Todd of Dick, Peddie & Todd
Building Date: 1874
Church history available.
The nearby Longcroft Memorial Hall, in church hands since 1921, and now refurbished with assistance from the Climate Challenge Fund, began as an infant school in 1869 and once housed Linlithgow Academy.
Also of interest in front of the church's boundary wall is the first march stone and an interpretative board marking the starting point of Linlithgow's annual Perambulation of the Marches event. Its route can be followed at any time of the year. A separate brochure is available locally.