14 September 2019 (09:30 to 16:30)
An outstanding late-19th century Scottish Baronial town hall on a prominent corner site with a tower that has a commanding presence over the whole town. The current town hall replaced the earlier tollbooth on the same site. The building continues to be used by the council for offices.
Access to view the Council Chamber, Provost's Room and Old Police Station and cells which are not normally open to the public.
PRE BOOKING ESSENTIAL Contact Frank Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Architect: James Campbell Walker
Building Date: 1884