31 August 2019 (10 am to 4 pm)
1 September 2019 (1 pm - 4 pm)
This Grade A-listed building had a complete restoration in 1999 with assistance from Historic Scotland. The pipe organ was built in 1867, enlarged in 1912 and restored with the help of the Heritage Lottery Fund in 2008.
The church stands at the heart of Greenock, looking down William Street and the site of James Watt’s earliest years. The internal square layout, with seating positioned to fit a plan provided by James Watt’s father, gives the feeling of intimacy.
Architect: Lord Cathcart/James Ewing
Building Date: 1759-1787