31 August 2019 (10am-5pm)
This Victorian Gothic style building was designed by architects James Matthews and William Lawrie following a competition to replace the previous Town House on the site. It was built between 1878 and 1881 and opened in 1882. The interior contains fine paintings, portraits and busts. The Council Chamber was the scene of an historic meeting of the British Cabinet in September 1921.
Over the past 3 years, the building has undergone a £4.2M restoration and repair project - come and see for yourself the newly completed project.
Architect: Matthews & Lawrie
Building Date: 1878-82