15 September 2018 (Sat 10am-4pm)
15 September 2018
Seldom open to the public, this is Clydeport's superb A-listed head office. Originally the Clyde Trust Building, it contains many original features such as French walnut panelling and Stephen Adam stained glass.
The Clydeport head office in Robertson Street, Glasgow is a fine example of the work of the architect Sir John James Burnet and includes a number of finely appointed rooms with original features including French walnut panelling, stained glass, mosaic flooring and gold leaf ornamentation. The original Clyde Trust Building, consisting of the main entrance and four upper floors, was completed in 1886. This was then extended between 1906 and 1908 to create the building as it appears today. The building is now A-listed and provides office premises for Peel Property, Peel Ports - Clydeport and other organisations.
Parking: On street parking and Just Park on Broomielaw - charges apply
Accessibility: Access restricted to 2nd floor - there are a flight of stairs up to the lift, however assistance is available.
Access restricted to front entrance, stairwell and 2nd floor
Architect: Sir John James Burnet
Building Date: 1883-86
Booking not required